Do your images meet the standards? |
THE FUNDAMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PROFESSIONAL REAL ESTATE PHOTOGRAPHER is to deliver accurate, attractive, and timely marketing images to increase real estate sales.
Marketing images must meet the basic standards of real estate photography.
- The image must be accurate and true to reality.
- The image must be pleasant and appealing; it “looks good.”
- The image must be delivered on time.
- The image must contribute to increasing real estate sales.
The specific characteristics used to evaluate real estate marketing images are:
- The image is not deceptive.
- The color is correct.
- Details are clear and visible.
- Vertical lines are parallel.
- The horizon is level.
- Lens distortion is virtually imperceptible.
- There are no gratuitous or artistic touches.
- After-capture processing (including editing and HDR) is not apparent.
ATTRACTIVENESS: The image must be pleasant and appealing; it “looks good.”
- The image is not dark, dingy, or grimy.
- The image is not dreary or unexciting.
- The image is not ordinary.
- The image is well composed.
TIMELINESS: The image must be delivered on time.
- The image is available to the agent when it is needed.
UTILITY: The image must contribute to increasing real estate sales.
- Potential buyers are not distracted from the sales function of the image.
- Listing clients and potential buyers compliment the images.
- The marketing content is easily identifiable.
- The image holds the viewer’s interest.
- The image gives the listing a competitive advantage.
- The image enhances the professional reputation of the agent.
From modest to millions, it’s proven: Professional real estate marketing images help to sell homes more quickly and for more money. Industry standards help explain why that is so.
SEE ALSO: Revisiting the Eight Deadliest Mistakes
DMurrayImages — We specialize in helping real estate agents, vacation property owners, and others gain an edge in the competitive real estate market and achieve faster sales and better prices.